Enhancing your appearance with fractional skin rejuvenation and resurfacing
If you want to improve the appearance of your skin, skin rejuvenation or resurfacing may be right for you.
Skin rejuvenation can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser, light and other energy-based treatments to chemical peels and other non-ablative methods. The result is a smoother, clearer and more youthful appearance to your skin.
What can skin rejuvenation treat?
Skin rejuvenation is a painless treatment to resurface your skin, or to improve the texture, clarity and overall appearance of your skin.
Conditions that can be treated include:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements.
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure.
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, or have raised borders.
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that results in a loss of skin firmness. This can be treated due to production of collagen fibres after the application of thermal energy from the laser treatment to the skin.
Fractional Resurface (Erbium – Yag fractional Resurface – Fraxel 1540 non ablative resurface)
This is the newest laser treatments for skin rejuvenation with minimal down time. Fraxel skin rejuvenation creates tiny wounds in the deeper layer of the skin (dermis). Each wound is surrounded by untreated skin, helping to repair the treated area via a controlled wound-healing process. The patient can return to work even the next day and within a week he will observe the improvement skin texture.
Fraxel laser therapy is approved for a variety of rejuvenating treatments, including the shrinking of large pores. It is the first and only laser approved for treatment of melasma (the mask of pregnancy), a condition marked by brown patches on both sides of the face, including the cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead and upper lip. Fraxel therapy can be used to treat the neck, chest and hands.
Skin rejuvenation recovery
When your procedure is completed, you will be instructed on how to care for the treated skin. Few treatments within 2 weeks interval can be recommended to achieve the optimum result. The cost of fractional laser face treatment varies from the amount of treatments for the individual patient and is an affordable treatment.
Following your treatment, the texture of skin will be remarkably improved and the process of skin aging will be slowed down.